Press release issued by LPDC Chairman Dr. Bassel Al Hassan regarding events in Ain el Helwe
Press release issued by LPDC Chairman Dr. Bassel Al Hassan confirming the following:
- The work that LPDC has undertaken aims to protect the livelihood of Palestinian refugees through its national strategy, aside from internal Lebanese dynamics
- LPDC’s efforts to resolve the recent events in Ain el Helwe emerged within the context of this vision.
- After it became clear to LPDC that the approach in addressing Palestinian refugee affairs remains that of a security approach, the LPDC chairman announces the termination of the Committee’s involvement related to the situation in Ain el Helwe.
- Considering that these events have evolved into a purely a security issue, LPDC is relying on the role of the Lebanese Army, and the official Lebanese security services to address the repercussions of current events.
- The Committee will continue willingly to address the humanitarian and developmental conditions of Palestinian refugees in coordination with relevant stakeholders by working toward a comprehensive rights strategy for Palestinian refugees.